Collection of clothing and accessories used with a 12-inch Shirley Temple doll introduced by Ideal in 1957 (Model #ST-12, ST-12-N). Some of the pieces were factory made by Ideal. Some appear to have been handmade specifically for the doll, possibly with patterns that were popular at the time. There are 18 Shirley Temple items, 21 pieces in all.
The collection includes:
1. Tartan plaid dress in blue, green, red, black, and white with lace-trimmed petticoat, red shoulder sash, and red rickrack neck detail. 2 snap closure in back. Includes red tam o' shanter hat. Trim frayed around snap. Very good condition overall.
2. Sailor outfit with white skirt and navy top featuring white shawl collar and white cuffs trimmed in red piping. Skirt has 1 snap closure in back, top has 3 snap closure in front. Skirt labeled: "Shirley Temple made by Ideal Toy Corp." Skirt in good condition, waistband slightly torn in back near snap (can possibly be mended). Jacket in fair condition, right sleeve seam open and frayed (can possibly be mended) and 2 snaps missing, collar piping faded.
3. Polka dot pajamas in pale blue with red, green, pink, and blue polka dots. Top trimmed with red collar, cuffs, and buttons. Fair condition. Dark stains on back of top, bleeding around red thread of buttonholes, elastic waistband mostly spent but intact.
4. Raincoat in khaki-tan vinyl with metal trim on collar, sleeves, and self belt. Fair condition. Tear on left cuff, fraying and small tear on belt end.
5. Blue coat and bonnet with white lace trim and blue buttons. Good condition, some toning with age, few pulled threads. Possibly handmade for the doll.
6. Gold coat and bonnet with white lace trim and black buttons. Good condition, some toning with age, few pulled threads, button placket frayed. Possibly handmade for the doll.
7. Checked cap-sleeve smock in gold and white with white satin and red rickrack trim on front and sleeves. Very good condition, light fraying along bottom hem. Possibly handmade for the doll.
8. Bloomers in white with white lace trim. Very good condition. Toned with age (can be hand washed).
9. Vinyl signature handbag in white with "Shirley Temple" in red script on front. Very good condition, slight manufacturing defect on bottom edge.
10. 3 black slip-on shoes. Bottom marked "1." Very good condition.
11. Shirley Temple signature pin in silver-colored plastic with name written in script. Excellent condition.
12. 3 red hangers 3.5" L x 1.75" H. Excellent condition.
Note: The final photo is of the model numbers on the back of the Shirley Temple doll, which is too damaged to be sold. They are included for identification of the doll only. They read: "Ideal Doll ST-12 ST-12-N."
• Vintage 1950s Shirley Temple Doll Clothes are sent via USPS Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation and insurance. Shipping cost will be reduced for your location when possible.
• Visit our store at http://foxandfish.ecrater.com for more vintage toys.